Within the framework of the ERASMUS+ project “MEDLENTISK" (Partnership for the exchange of good practices on fixed mastic tree oil, an emblematic non-wood forest product in the Mediterranean) (https://aifm.org/actions/medlentisk/), the coordinator AIFM (Association Internationale des Forêts Méditerranéennes) and its 5 Mediterranean partners, 3 of which are GENMEDA members, have worked on the publication of a booklet for those who want to learn more about the oil from the fruits of lentisk (Pistacia lentiscus).
The MEDLENTISK 5 Mediterranean partners:
- Technical University of Bursa (Turkey)
- Provence Model Forest Association (France)
- National Institute for Research in Rural Engineering, Water and Forestry (Tunisia) - GENMEDA member
- CIHEAM Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Chania (Greece) - GENMEDA member
- University of Cagliari (Italy) - GENMEDA member
"This guide will accompany you in this discovery or rediscovery of this bushy shrub characteristic of the Mediterranean basin and of its oil".
It is freely available to download (in English): https://aifm.org/en/resources-en/medlentisk-good-practice-guide-on-lentisk-fruit-oil-from-the-field-to-the-laboratory/